Click here for a PDF version of this document that you can download, print or view offline.
There are three steps to enrol your company and employees in a MEDdirect PHSP.
Complete the Client Enrolment Form. When you submit this form, your employees will be emailed with a link to their account setup form.
It is imperative that you advise all your employees to expect this email, and that they must respond to activate their account and use their benefits.
Have them check their junk or spam folders if they haven't received it within 24 hours; if they still have not received it, please contact our office for assistance.
Create your Plan Administrator account.
When your account has been initialized, you will receive an email with a temporary username and password. When you log in to your Plan Administrator account for the first time, you will be prompted to select some preferences, and the account will be activated.
Until the account is activated, your members will not be able to submit claims.
Create Member accounts.
Each member of your plan will be sent a link to another form containing their personal details, including dependent and contact information. When they submit the form, they will receive an email containing temporary login information. When they log in for the first time, they will be prompted to set some account preferences, and their account will be activated.
Client enrolment form
Section 1: Client information
- Enter your company name and business address.
- Select your business type. Different business types get different benefit options.
- unincorporated with employees
- sole proprietorship
- If you are an incorporated business, choose your cycle start date. (If you are an unincorporated business, the insurance cycle is always Jan. 1 - Dec. 31.)
- At the end of the cycle, all your employees' benefits will be reset to their maximum value.
- Choose which services are eligible to be covered by the plan (dental, medical, prescription, vision).
Section 2: Plan Administrator information
The plan administrator has access to information about the plan, members, claims, and invoices. Please complete all the fields in this section. Later, an email with the plan administrator's account activation link will be sent to the email address you provide.
If you are an incorporated business, complete section 3. Otherwise, proceed to section 4.
Section 3: Annual benefit maximums for incorporated businesses
- If you are an incorporated business, select one of the two options for your benefits:
- Percentage of salary
- Flat rate
Enter the primary rate. This is the default benefit rate that plan members will receive if they are not assigned to a subclass. If you have selected option 1 (% of salary), please enter the percentage (max 20% of salary). If you have selected option 2 (flat rate), please enter a dollar value.
- You have the option of creating benefit subclasses. All subclasses must be of the same type as the primary (i.e., if you have selected % of income as the primary rate type, all the subclasses must also be percentage values).
Class Rate Primary 20% Mgmt 25% Exec 30%
Class Rate Primary $1,000 Casual $500 Mgmt $2,000
You can add more subclasses later if you wish.
Section 4: Annual benefit maximums for unincorporated businesses
If you are an unincorporated business, you have two choices:
Dependent-based benefit maximums are calculated as follows:
|Each child under 18||$750|
|Each child over 18 (if full-time student)||$1,500|
Enter a dollar value. This will be each employee's maximum annual benefit.
Please note that benefit subclasses are not available to unincorporated businesses.
Section 5: Employee data
For incorporated businesses, for each employee to be covered by the plan, you will need their:
- First and last name
- Working email address
- Gross income (option 1 only)
- Enter the employee's first and last name and email address. Please be accurate as an important email will be sent to that address!
- If you selected Option 1 (% of salary) as your maximum benefit rate, complete column 1. Enter each employee's gross income, and select their benefit class from the dropdown menu.
- If you selected Option 2 (flat rate) as your maximum benefit rate, complete column 2. Select the employee's benefit class from the dropdown menu.
- In either case, enter the employee's co-pay%. (If you enter a value of 80%, only 80% of the value of the claim will be reimbursed. If you enter nothing, the co-pay will be 100%).
Each employee will receive an email with a link to set up their own account, so please make sure the email address is correct and functioning!
For unincorporated businesses, you will require their name, email address, and co-pay only.
Section 6: Broker data
If you know who your broker is, select him/her from the dropdown and enter his/her phone number. If you do not have a broker, select SABRE Healthdirect Inc. from the dropdown.
Section 7: Agreement
- Enter the number of employees to be covered by the plan.
- Enter the location and date. (I.e., Dated at: Toronto, Ontario on this third day of August, 2015)
- Sign in the signature box (using a stylus on your touch device, or your mouse on a non-touch device) and type your name in the box underneath. If there are any witnesses, have them sign as well.
Print and submit
Click "Print" if you wish to have a hard copy for your records, then click "Submit". If there are no errors or missing fields in the form you will receive a confirmation email, and our office will be alerted. When we receive the $150 setup fee, we will activate your account.
Plan Administrator account setup
When our office receives your fee, we will activate your Plan Administrator account. You will receive an email containing a link, and a temporary username and password.
When you log in using the supplied information, you will be prompted to create a new username and password, and a few other preferences.
Member setup and account activation
When you submit the Client Enrolment form, all the employees you listed will receive an email containing a unique link to the Member Enrolment form.
Section 1: Member information
Some fields will already have been filled and cannot be changed. (Members can edit their contact and personal information after their account is set up.) Complete all the others.
Section 2: Dependents
If you have dependents (spouse, child under 18, or child over 18 in school) list them here. You can add more dependents later.
Sign and date the form, print it if you wish a copy for your records, and submit it.
Still having trouble?
If you need further assistance, please call us at
1-800-314-3346 (outside the GTA)
or contact us here.